Glaucoma - A serious eye disease in which there is a decrease in vision and an increase in intraocular pressure. Glaucoma can develop independently or against a background of another disease.
Inside the human eye is always a small amount of special liquid. It is produced in one part of the eye and absorbed in the other. This fluid is necessary because it moisturizes the eye from the inside and ensures the delivery of nutrients inside the eye. Glaucoma is an increased pressure inside the eye due to an excessive amount of intraocular fluid. The cause of the increased amount of fluid can be as increased its formation, and a violation of the reverse suction. In such a situation, the fluid squeezes from the inside all the tissues of the eye and damages them. This leads to a progressive decline in vision and may eventually cause complete blindness.
In most cases, glaucoma appears unnoticed and progresses slowly, but it can begin acutely, with an attack.
At the time of the attack, vision is sharply reduced, pain in the eye and headache appear. Sometimes an attack can be accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Recognizing glaucoma on one’s own is very difficult, since all the listed symptoms can occur in a wide variety of diseases. Therefore, most often the diagnosis is made by an oculist based on the measurement of intraocular pressure. You can not make a diagnosis yourself.
To reduce the intraocular pressure in the home in many ways.
Symptoms: the initial stages of glaucoma are characterized by periodic "blurring" of vision. Then visual acuity gradually decreases and the field of vision narrows. Read more about the symptoms here.
What's happening? An acute attack of glaucoma, which can develop at any stage of the disease, is characterized by severe eye pain that spreads to the head, ears and teeth. Often nausea and vomiting. Intraocular pressure during an attack reaches very high numbers. The phenomena of an acute attack of glaucoma disappear within a few days, but after each attack there is a further reduction in vision. Usually, the disease lasts for years and can result in the onset of complete blindness as a result of optic nerve atrophy.
what do? At the first suspicion of glaucoma, it is necessary to consult an oculist for examination and appropriate treatment. It is important to set aside enough hours to sleep and sleep on a high pillow. Do not overdo the eyes.
Recipes. Traditional medicine recommends eating as much as possible of vegetables and fruits, as well as dairy and dairy products. In case of glaucoma, staying in dark rooms and wearing dark glasses is contraindicated. Stress and any strong emotions cause significant harm. It is undesirable to perform work that requires torso down. It is necessary to exclude from the diet salted, smoked and spicy foods, tea, coffee and alcohol.
What is glaucoma?
A group of diseases of the organs of vision that are characterized by a decrease in severity and a limited visual field is called glaucoma. The main external sign of the disease is a change in the pupil tint (greenish, azure). The name of the disease is associated with this feature - glaucoma in Greek means "green water". An internal feature of the disease is an increase in intraocular pressure, which manifests itself, either constantly or periodically. Other symptoms of glaucoma:
- the appearance of rainbow circles when looking at a bright light,
- loss of visual acuity
- redness, pain, heaviness in the eyes,
- deterioration of visual function in low light,
Does glaucoma treat eyes
If the pathology is not treated, then over time, vision is reduced by 100%, and the structures of the eye will atrophy. When pressure is constantly jumping, great harm is done to the eye nerve, which is responsible for seeing. It is impossible to fully recover from glaucoma, but pathology can be kept under control at all times. At an early stage of the disease, irreversible changes have not yet developed, quite satisfactory results of the treatment of the disease are achieved.
Currently, three methods are used to treat this pathology: drug, laser and surgical. The doctor chooses an effective tactic, depending on the type of disease. The standard scheme of conservative therapy will include blockers of beta adrenergic receptors - drugs that reduce the production of intraocular fluid (Timolol, Betoptik) and agents that improve its outflow (Pilocarpine, Xalatan, Bilobil).
If the state of vision does not improve when taking medication, then laser treatment is prescribed. This method is a minimally invasive operation in which a laser produces micropores conducting accelerated outflow of fluid. Unfortunately, laser surgery gives in many cases a short-term effect. If intraocular pressure has returned to the previous figures in a few months, then doctors recommend surgery. A fistulizing operation is the imposition of a fistula, through which intraocular fluid flows from the eye.
Effective glaucoma treatment with folk remedies can be started with the use of bee products. Honey therapy is better to use from the earliest stages, since the running processes are already irreversible. The main condition for treatment is the establishment of metabolism and purification of the body, so a week before the use of honey medications it is necessary to include in the diet the maximum amount of natural products containing vitamins and minerals (vegetables, fruits). Traditional medicine for glaucoma recommends using honey with an egg. This recipe requires:
- cook a boiled chicken egg, pull out the yolk, pour honey into the resulting container,
- combine two halves of an egg and send it to the oven for 30 minutes,
- the resulting solution inside the egg is poured into a separate dish,
- in the morning and evening to bury one drop of medicine in each eye,
- therapy duration - 2 days, after 2 days of break,
- procedure to repeat until improvement.
Reviews of patients claim that improves the vision in glaucoma, the juice of the woodlouse lanceolate or fork. It is better to collect grass after rain. Licked lice must be washed under running water, dried a little, then squeeze the juice and add alcohol in a ratio of 10: 1. Means to insist a week in a dark place. In the chronic course of the disease, with the progression of glaucoma and for the prevention of blindness, a herbal infusion should be taken daily, 2 times half an hour before meals, in 2 tbsp. l within a month.
Herbal Glaucoma Treatments
Equally effective folk remedies for the treatment of glaucoma is a therapy with medicinal herbs and berries. The most popular product for combating eye diseases is blueberries. It not only protects the veins and vessels of the eyes, but also reduces the pressure in them. Eat blueberries in any form at 150 - 200 g / day. A decoction of May herbs will help in the treatment of eye diseases. To make it you need:
- collect plants that bloom in May: dioecious nettles, strawberry leaves, lily of the valley petals,
- take each herb 1 tbsp. l and pour 600 ml of boiling water,
- leave for 9 hours in a dark place to infuse,
- after add 1 tsp. baking soda and use for daily rinsing.
Glaucoma - treatment of folk remedies
Glaucoma is a disease that occurs as a result of an increase in pressure inside the eyeball. Unstable intraocular pressure leads to the gradual death of blood vessels and malnutrition of the optic nerve. There is a narrowing of the visual field, deterioration of the quality of vision.
How to treat glaucoma at home? For the treatment of glaucoma, traditional traditional medicine is used in parallel with traditional therapy. Folk remedies are used in the form of eye drops, ointments. Herbal infusions, tinctures are used for applying compresses, lotions, washing the eyes, for oral administration.
The composition of folk remedies for glaucoma includes medicinal herbs and natural ingredients: aloe vera, calendula, chamomile, honey, onion, egg, rosehip, mummy, string, agave, plantain, blueberries. Their effect is to stabilize the pressure, improve blood circulation, eliminate the manifestations of the disease.
The duration of glaucoma treatment is 1-2 months. Home treatment is not able to eliminate the chronic, acute form of the disease. In case of rapid development of pathology, obligatory consultation with a doctor is necessary.
Improving gymnastics for eyes
Wellness gymnastics will help speed up the process of recovery at home. Regular performance of special exercises helps to improve the outflow of fluid from the eyes.
Restoration of vision will occur due to increased blood supply:
- As a warm-up, to warm the eye muscles you need to look up, and then slowly, look down. Then you need to change the sequence of movements. Start looking from the bottom and look up. Exercises should be done at least 6 times. Then make another 2 sets.
- First you need to blink slowly. Then with open eyes to make circular movements of the head. After that, while turning the head alternately open your eyes.
- The next exercise is that with your eyes closed, you need to draw geometric shapes, words, letters with your eyes.
- A look to fix on some subject. Then translate it to a point on the window. Then again return to the selected item.
- Extend both hands in front of you and move your fingers. With a look closely follow their movement.
Training can be carried out at any convenient time. The duration of the lesson should not exceed 20 minutes. Massage of eyebrows, temples, lacrimal canal will help to strengthen the effect of fitness exercises.
Fighting herbal methods - decoctions of herbs and plants
Strengthen the immune system, stabilize the level of intraocular pressure, speed up recovery due to biologically active substances in medicinal herbs will help their infusions:
- Normalize the level of pressure inside the eyeball can infusion based on herbal. It consists of: a teaspoon of birch leaves, lingonberry, knotweed, plantain, nettle, horsetail, line, 3 spoonfuls of rose hips, mountain ash, 2 spoonfuls of Hypericum. In a thermos need to pour 2 tablespoons of herbal, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Leave for 12 hours. Ready infusion to drink during the day.
- Medicinal properties of glaucoma is different infusion of the May nettle. 4 spoons of nettle should be filled with 1 liter of boiling water. Mixture infuse for 1 hour. Drug liquid must be filtered. Drink three times a day for 0.5 glass.
- Improve visual acuity can adonis. 6 g of vegetable base combined with 250 ml of boiling water. Fluid should be left for 4 hours. Take ready infusion before meals three times a day and 1 spoon.
- Medicinal properties characterize the golden mustache. The leafy part of the plant should be crushed, add to 1 liter of boiling water. Wrap a container with liquid with a warm blanket, leave for a day. Drink the infusion is necessary 4 times a day, 1 spoon for half an hour before eating food. The course of therapy lasts 21 days. After 1 month, the course should be repeated.
Compresses at home
In parallel with the methods of drug therapy to eliminate the manifestations of eye diseases at home apply compresses:
- High efficiency is characterized by a compress of fresh lily of the valley, nettle. Herbal ingredients should combine 1: 1. 2 spoons of herbal base pour 25 ml of boiled water. The mixture must be put in a dark cool room for 12 hours. Cotton balls need to soak in the finished infusion, put on sore eyes for a quarter of an hour. It is necessary to do a compress in the morning and in the evening until the mixture is over.
- Eliminate the pain syndrome will help a compress of potatoes. 3 small potatoes should be grated. In a mashed potato, add 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar, leave for 25 minutes. Compress to put on closed eyelids, put a thick cloth on top. The duration of the procedure is half an hour.
- Medicinal properties have folk recipes based on aloe. From the leafy part of the plant squeeze juice. Connect it with 200 ml of water, boil for several minutes. The finished medicine is used in the form of lotions about 5 times per day. The course of therapy is 15 days. If necessary, after 15 days of treatment can be repeated.
How to treat glaucoma with herbal lotions
Eliminate the manifestations of the disease, improve the condition of the patient will help lotions on the basis of medicinal herbs:
- To prepare the medicine, combine 1 teaspoon of lavender flowers and 0.5 cups of nettle. Add 250 ml of warm boiled water to the mixture of herbs, leave for 10 hours. Then add 0.5 teaspoons of baking soda. A small piece of cheesecloth, wet in the finished infusion, apply to closed eyes for a quarter of an hour. The procedure must be done twice a day.
- The composition of the medicinal solution includes 10 g of coriander, cumin, dill, anise. Mixture pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist at least 2 hours. In a filtered liquid, you need to wet a cotton pad and attach to the diseased eyeballs for 10 minutes.
- It is possible to treat glaucoma with the help of lotions based on nettle, lily of the valley petals, deciduous parts of strawberries. Spoon of vegetable mixture pour 600 ml of boiled water, insist about 9 hours. Before use, add a teaspoon of baking soda. Apply lotion should be on cleansed eyes for 10 minutes.
- Plantain leaves To prepare the medicine you need 2 tablespoons of crushed leaves of the plantain pour a glass of water. Boil in a water bath for 2 minutes, leave for 1 hour. Lotion impose on 10 min. The course of treatment is 7 days.
For the prevention of glaucoma and in case of pathology of the first degree is no less effective means - infusion of fennel seeds. For its preparation you need 1 s. l seed ground in a mortar. Then pour the ground dill seed with a glass of boiling water and leave for an hour. Take dill infusion should be 1 tbsp. l before meals 3 times / day. Dill seed must be prepared daily for treatment. It is necessary to take 2 weeks, then take a break for 10 days and then repeat the course.
To eliminate the main symptoms of eye pressure, flax seeds should be combined with herbal preparations. The following recipe will be effective:
- in equal proportions it is necessary to take the leaves of lingonberry and birch, field horsetail, nettle, plantain and succession,
- add flaxseed, St. John's wort, wild rose,
- 2 tbsp. l herbal mixture pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 12 hours,
- ready infusion filter and drink 1 tbsp. l 3 times / day during the month.
Lemna from glaucoma
Grass that grows on the surface of the water also helps with eye diseases. To get rid of the pain in the eyes, it is necessary to prepare a spirit infusion of duckweed. For this you need 1 tsp. fresh, washed, chopped grass, which is poured 50 ml of vodka. In a dark place, the tool is infused for 21 days, after which it is filtered. It is necessary to drink tincture 20 drops 3 times / day, dissolving them in a small amount of water. The course of treatment is until the end of the prepared medicine.
Treatment of glaucoma at home with folk remedies can include completely different recipes. Help to get rid of the symptoms of medicinal herbs, fruits, vegetables, berries. Glaucoma therapy can combine the combined use of mummy, resinous conifer leeches and hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches). However, it is much easier to prevent the disease than to treat it later. In order not to look for solutions to the problem of deteriorating vision, it is important to observe simple preventive measures:
- once a year to undergo an eye examination,
- learn more about the first symptoms of the disease, in time to ask for help,
- adjust the menu with the necessary vitamins and minerals for a good view,
- minimize alcohol use
- daily to be in the fresh air.
Treatment of mummy and beet juice
Take mummy 0.2 g 30 minutes before meals 2-3 times a day with a glass of beet juice.
Duration of treatment is 10 days. If necessary, the course can be repeated after 5-10 days.
Bee honey is diluted with warm boiled water (temperature not more than 45 ° C) and is used as lotions or eye drops, this remedy is effective in inflammation of the eyes of any nature, including conjunctivitis, tearing, and glaucoma and cataract.
In the early stages of increasing intraocular pressure, it is very useful to take pollen or perga. One month courses are held twice a year, taking 10 g of the product per day, 1 time per day, preferably in the morning and before meals.
Heat pure honey in a water bath (the temperature should not exceed 60 ° C). Bury in the eye for lacrimation and other early signs of glaucoma. The tool also cleans the eyes from mucus.
Stir 1 tbsp. spoon of honey with 1 tbsp. spoon of apple cider vinegar in 250 ml of warm water. Take 1 glass 1 time a day in the morning on an empty stomach 10-15 minutes before breakfast.
For the prevention of the development of glaucoma, it is also recommended to rub the eyelids at night with honey diluted with boiled water in a ratio of 1: 1.
2. Eyebright (grass). 40 g of grass pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist, wrapped, 2-3 hours, filtered through cotton wool. In the infusion dipped clean cloth and apply to the sore eyes, changing several times a day. Infusion drip 2-3 drops in each eye twice a day and rinse eyes.
During the day, drink 3 cups of infusion for 5 receptions, or drink 1 glass of milk 3 times a day each time with 2 g of dry grass powder. The treatment is long, depending on the nature of the disease, sometimes up to 2 years, with intervals of 10-15 days every 2 months of administration.
3. Dandelion powder (the whole plant is used for its production) mix with honey in approximately equal amounts. In case of glaucoma, lubricate with this agent the eyes to improve vision (3 times a day, but not at night). You can also heat the composition to a liquid state and bury it in the eye (2 drops 3 times a day).
4. An aqueous solution of propolis in glaucoma is recommended to be instilled 3 times a day (2-3 drops). The tool has a positive effect on the function of the drainage system of the eye.
5. The lotion according to the following recipe also has a good effect: squeeze the juice of one medium-sized pomegranate with pulp, add 1 tbsp. spoon honey and simmer on low heat for 10–15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature before use.
6. Boil a hard-boiled egg, cut it in half, remove the yolk, and place the hot halves of the protein over your eyes so that the circumference of the protein fits snugly to the eyes, but the inner part should not touch the eye. The execution time of this procedure is a few minutes until the egg cools down.
7. Infusion of dill seeds. Pound 1 tablespoon of seeds well or pound in a mortar, pour 1 cup boiling water and leave for an hour. Take 1 tbsp. spoon of infusion 3 times daily before meals. The infusion should be freshly prepared each time (it is necessary to cook daily in the morning). The course of treatment is 2 weeks, then a break for 10 days and another 2 weeks of treatment. Such courses can be repeated several times a year.
8. You can use sprouts of potatoes stored in a dark and cold cellar. They must be dried and then grind on a grater. Fill the resulting mass with vodka at the rate of 200 ml of vodka per 1 tbsp. spoon of raw materials and place in a glass container with a well-lapped lid. Then insist in a dark and cool place for at least 7 days. Take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day before meals. The course of treatment is a month. After a month break it can be repeated. Folk healers emphasize: the tool is effective not only in glaucoma, but also in the deterioration of the vision of any other nature.
9. Effective with glaucoma and receiving infusion of herbs from May. To prepare it, the plants must be harvested in May, dried in the sun and crushed. You can use only freshly prepared product.
10. Take 1/2 cup of nettle herb, 1 teaspoon of lily of the valley petals, 2 tbsp. spoons of whiskers and strawberry leaves. Fill with 2 glasses of boiling water, mix everything thoroughly, leave in a dark place for at least 8 hours. After that, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and mix well. The tool will be applied in the form of lotions from the resulting mass.
11. Take 1/2 cup of nettle leaves and 1 teaspoon of lily of the valley flowers, chop and pour 1 liter of boiled water, let it stand overnight in a dark place, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Apply the resulting mass to the eyes. Harvesting reduces intraocular pressure.
12. Take 3 parts of the motherwort herb, 2 parts of the grass of the crabweed and wild rosemary, 1 part of the kidney tea. 1 tbsp. spoon brewing a glass of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes, let it brew for 4 hours, strain. Take in the form of heat 3 times a day for 1/2 cup 20 minutes before meals. The duration of the course depends on the therapeutic effect.
13. Prepare the following collection: take in equal shares the leaves of birch, tansy, knotweed, horsetail, train, coltsfoot and plantain. The method of preparation is the same. Drink 2 times a day for 1/3 cup. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
14. Take 25 g of medicinal valerian root, five-bladed motherwort grass and common cumin, fennel fruits. Prepare the infusion as described above. Take 1/2 cup 3 times a day. The course is a month.
15. 1 tbsp. spoon pour the dry crushed stigmas of corn with a glass of boiling water, let it brew for an hour, strain. Drink 50 ml of infusion 3 times a day for half an hour before meals. This collection is indicated for use not only for glaucoma, but also for diseases of the vitreous body.
16. Take 10 grams of parsley, hung birch buds, root of elecampus, blue cornflower flowers, 40 g of three-leaf watch leaves. Prepare a decoction. Drink half an hour before meals 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
17. Take 1 tbsp. spoon ginger, licorice root, cinnamon, buckwheat flowers, herbs motherwort and lemon balm. 1 tbsp. spoon mixture pour a glass of boiling water. Insist 1 hour, strain. Take 1/2 cup 3 times a day. The tool can be used for the treatment of glaucoma, and for the purpose of prevention.
18. Infusion with nettle leaves. Requires: 3 tbsp. spoons of nettle leaves, 1 teaspoon of lily of the valley flowers, 1/2 teaspoon of soda, 500 ml of water.
Mix nettle and lily of the valley with boiling water and leave for 2 hours in the dark. Add soda, mix, leave for another 10 minutes. Water is drained without squeezing the grass.
Wrap the mixture in gauze or bandage and apply on the eyes. Leave for 5-7 minutes.
19. Tincture grass duckweed small. Required: 1 tbsp. spoon of grass duckweed small, 250 ml of vodka.
Wash the leash in running water, chop, pour with vodka and leave for 4 days, drain.
Take 15-20 drops 2-3 times a day, dissolving in a small amount of water.
You can also eat fresh laundered duckweed 1 teaspoon per day, mixing it with honey for taste.
20. Infusion of blueberry leaves. Requires: 4 teaspoons of blueberry leaves, 500 ml of water.
Pour boiling water over the blueberry leaves, leave for 10 minutes, drain.
Take 1 glass 2-3 times a day before meals.
Treatment with special exercises
Very useful for glaucoma, especially when impaired outflow of fluid, exercises for the eyes.
1. As slowly as possible to move the view from top to bottom and back 6 times. This exercise is repeated 3-4 times with intervals of 5 seconds.
2. Effortlessly translate the gaze from left to right and back, deflecting the eyes to the side as much as possible without turning your head. This exercise is performed 2-3 times.
3. Perform several circular movements of the eyes, without turning the head and covering the surrounding objects as much as possible (first clockwise and then against).
4. Take a pencil or pen in your hand (you can use your index finger) and hold it vertically so that the tip of the pencil (pen or finger) is about 25 cm from your eyes. Fix a glance at the tip of the pencil for a few seconds, and then transfer the glance to any large object that is not less than 3.5 m away. Having fixed the glance on the removed object, transfer it back to the pencil. And so do 10 times. Then close your eyes, take a break 10 seconds and do the exercise another 20-30 times at intervals of 10 seconds, trying to gradually increase the speed. Increasing speed, you need to remember that a pencil and a distant object must be seen quite clearly. This exercise can be replaced with an exercise labeled on the glass described in the treatment of myopia.
With glaucoma, as with other eye diseases, it is necessary to increase the amount of foods rich in vitamins A and C in the diet. Eat more carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, citrus fruits and various berries. In case of glaucoma, it is necessary to protect the eyes from sunlight by wearing sunglasses, it is advisable not to work and not to read in dim light, to avoid sharp bends, causing a rush of blood to the head, and hence a sharp increase in the production of intraocular fluid.
Unique set of exercises
A unique set of exercises against glaucoma, which takes only 10-15 minutes:
Put your thumbs on your temples, and your index fingers on your eyebrows, massage
in circular motions 50 times the middle of the eyebrows. Move thumb
about 2.5-3 cm to the right and massage 50 times in this position. Come back
to the center of the eyebrows, move the thumb 2.5 cm to the left and again
Massage 50 times.
Massage below the orbit under the pupil 50 times.
Place your index finger on the upper inner corner of the eye, and you
feel soft tissue. Gently massage this place in a circular motion.
Place your index finger on the upper outer corner of the eye. Massage
This place is in a circular motion 50 times.
Place your fingers below the tear duct. Massage this place with circular
movements 50 times.
Tap with your thumbs the temporal grooves. Massage this place
in circular motions 50 times.
Data Hendenhein (1935) that hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches)
causes acceleration of lymph flow almost 10 times, emphasize even more
The advantages of this method in patients with glaucoma. Creating additional
drainage paths hirudotherapy helps cleanse the region of products
metabolism and has a hypotensive effect in patients with glaucoma.
Leech patients with glaucoma should be put on the temple (1 leech),
frontal (1 leech) and zaushnye (1 leech) lymph nodes and on the back surface
neck under the nape in the region of the 1st-2nd cervical vertebra (1 leech on the left and
to the right of the center line of the spine). Total 5 leeches per session, total
5-7 sessions with an interval between sessions of 7-10 days.
White magic gives recipes cure eyesore:
1. Cut the liver alive. burbot on the part, put in a jar and pour river water, put for a week in the sun. The resulting fat is drained and let into the eye drop by drop per day.
2. Release bile from live pike and let one drop in the eye before going to bed: despite the pain, refrain from blinking.
3. Mix freshly billed bile a hare with equal amount powdered sugar and put one drop in the eye. The same is true for the bile of the partridge.
White magic recipe for night blindness
It sometimes occurs from damage caused by the wind of blood, scraped off the knife, which killed the old chicken. To heal this damage, you must lean over the tar pot and say in a whisper: “Tar, tar! Take from me the chicken blindness, and give me the bright eyes. "
After that, go to the intersection, stand on the road and look for something. If anyone asks, answer: "What I find, I will give you." Then wipe your eyes with your hands and wave at a passerby.
Or again: pour two tar in a glass bowl and look at the bottom for three minutes, three hours later, and take a tablespoon of fish oil for the night.
What is the essence of pathology
In a healthy eye, intraocular pressure is maintained at a normal level by balancing the two processes - the formation of aqueous humor and its outflow. If this balance is disturbed, then the intraocular fluid accumulates in the cavities of the eyeball and puts pressure on the optic nerve, retina and lens. Over time, atrophic phenomena occur in these structures, and they lose their function, which leads to blindness.
Glaucoma can have two forms - open-angle and closed-angle. In the first case, the natural channels of outflow of intraocular fluid are open, but narrowed or “clogged”, and in the second they are firmly blocked by the iris. It is impossible to cure glaucoma in this case without surgery.
Most often, people experience chronic open-angle glaucoma that may exist for many years. Its flow is associated with a slow increase in the volume of fluid and its slow outflow through the angle of the anterior chamber of the eye. This period is characterized by a slow rise in intraocular pressure and does not carry other symptoms. They appear with a gradual increase in ocular hypertension.
Patients noted a narrowing of peripheral vision, a deterioration in the ability to see in the dark, weak headaches, blurred vision and the appearance of halos over light sources. Without treatment, the disease progresses, and over time a person begins to see only shadows. The vision becomes foggy and resembles a picture of the landscape through fogged glass.
With angle-closure glaucoma, fluid pressure increases very quickly and causes severe pain in one eye, accompanied by headache, blurred vision and a halo around the lights. The eyeball is dense and tense with palpation, it can be seen from the outside how it swells and reddens. An attack of severe eye pain may even cause vomiting. If you experience these symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor, otherwise in a few days you may experience complete blindness.
There are many drugs of synthetic origin for the treatment of glaucoma. They inhibit the production of aqueous humor in the eye and improve fluid drainage through the trabecular network of the anterior chamber angle. The same must be achieved by conducting glaucoma treatment at home.
In order for the eyes to get all the vitamins and trace elements they need, a diet should be based on eating fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dark green vegetables, low-fat fish, and beef. Vegetables and fruits of red and orange colors are especially useful because they contain bioflavonoids - natural antioxidants that fight against premature cell aging.
Drinking regime with a predisposition to glaucoma should be a regular consumption of water in small portions. With a rare but abundant drink, a pressure surge is possible.
In case of glaucoma, caffeine should be avoided (it reduces normal blood flow to the eyes and may aggravate delayed evacuation of aqueous humor), alcohol, and products to which you are allergic (immunological inflammations are always accompanied by increased vascular permeability and the formation of infiltrates and edema). You also need to reduce the consumption of refined sugars, especially if there is a tendency to diabetes.
Prevention of increasing the growth of intraocular pressure is the use of special "eye" vitamins and trace elements. Folk treatment recommends paying attention to several major nutrients.
This medical herb almost comes to mind when it comes to how to treat glaucoma at home. Its flowers and leaves contain a large amount of essential and fatty oils, flavonoids, tannins, coumarins, glycosides, anthocyanins, microelements of silicon and magnesium, zinc, boron, iron, chromium, manganese.
The easiest way to use herbs is to brew one teaspoon with a glass of boiling water and let it brew. So you get herbal tea, which you can drink right away.
You can prepare tincture from eyebright using 250 ml of alcohol per 50 grams of dry herb. Blend insist a week and a half, regularly shaking. Then drink two teaspoons, dissolved in a small amount of water.
This plant, as a rule, is known to those who suffer from disorders of cerebral circulation. Ginkgo extract improves blood microcirculation and effectively fights tissue ischemia. For the same reason, it is an effective remedy for glaucoma to maintain the function of the optic nerve.
Folk remedies using Ginkgo biloba:
- vodka tincture. It is prepared from crushed dry or fresh leaves and vodka in the proportion of 50 g of raw material per 0.7 ml of liquid. Infusion is carried out for two weeks, after which the drug is filtered and take one teaspoon before meals for a month. Make a two-week break and repeat the course.
- "Honey" with ginkgo. Half a liter of liquid honey is mixed with 500 grams of fresh leaves and stored in the refrigerator. Take a teaspoon three to four times a day.
Coriander and Fennel
From the seeds of these plants get one of the most useful and safe home remedies for glaucoma. To make it, you need to take an equal amount of coriander and fennel seeds, mix them with brown sugar and grind into powder. Eat 10 g of powder with a glass of water twice a day.
You can just chew fennel throughout the day or make a “tea” out of it — brew two teaspoons with a glass of boiling water. The liquid is filtered and drunk warm 2-3 times a day. The healing properties of seeds are due to the presence of essential oils and a good antispasmodic effect.
The recipe is quite extreme, so it is better to consult with your doctor about its use.
Prepare 20 g of onion juice, add 4 mg of camphor powder and an equal amount of honey. Use this paste to apply directly on the eyelids for the night. The components of the drug significantly improve blood circulation and nutrition of the eyes, helping in the treatment of glaucoma.
The active substances of this plant strengthen the capillaries, dissolve atherosclerotic deposits, relieve puffiness and reduce intraocular pressure well. Best of all from glaucoma helps a compress prepared from half a glass of nettle leaves and one teaspoon of lily flowers. Raw materials are poured with 1 cup of cool water and insist in a dark place for 9 hours. After that, you need to add half the tea soda soda and the tool can be applied as a compress on the eyelids twice a day (for a quarter of an hour).
These active substances are considered key in maintaining and improving vision. The greatest number of them available in blueberries. Anthocyanins are believed to be responsible for specific gene expression and DNA repair, which is why they are so effective for the treatment of damaged retina, macular degeneration, glaucoma and cataracts.
It also supports healthy blood flow to the structures of the eye and protects the retina with a high blueberry content of flavonoids, quercetin, catechins, tannins, ellagitannins, phenolic acid, vitamin C.
The ways of using this product are varied: you can eat fresh berries, squeeze juice from them, grind with sugar, brew in the form of tea.
Also, as a means of glaucoma, traditional medicine recommends using blackberries, elderberries, lingonberries, and black currants.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin
It is known that these substances are necessary for cells of the pigment layer of the retina. With their lack of suffering visual acuity and night vision. Adequate use of lutein is able to compensate for the violation of their functions under high intraocular pressure.
Such a folk remedy as carrot juice is widely known. It is in vegetables of red and orange that the content of these nutrients is high.
But the greatest amount of lutein for the treatment of glaucoma can be obtained by eating raw egg yolks. With their heat treatment, most of the nutrients are lost.
Even representatives of official medicine agree that 2,000 mg of ascorbic acid per day can drastically reduce the pressure inside the eye. However, the effect lasts as long as you constantly consume vitamin. If you stop taking it, the pressure may increase again. Anyway, to improve the condition of the eyes with glaucoma, it is recommended to drink 1000 mg twice a day.
Their popular recipes most often can be found broth hips or nettle leaves.
Rosehips take two tablespoons per half liter of boiling water and insist 2 hours, and then drink throughout the day.
For the infusion of nettle need one tablespoon of vegetable raw materials and a glass of boiling water. Liquid insist half an hour. Take one-third of a cup three times a day for a course of twenty days.
Melted in a water bath can be mixed in a one-to-one ratio with onion juice. The resulting product is instilled into the eyes in two drops twice a day.
Prepare also simple solutions of "honey water" and "honey tea". In the first case, 1 teaspoon of candied honey is diluted with two spoons of pure boiled water. In the second - strong tea brewing. Five drops are dropped into each eye.
If honey is diluted in less water, then the resulting paste can be spread on the upper eyelids before bedtime.
You can also use mumiyo. You can take 0.2 g for half an hour before breakfast and drink down the juice of beets. Ten days of admission alternate with five days of rest.
From the point of view of medicine, magnesium is a drug that relaxes the walls of blood vessels and significantly improves blood flow and circulation of fluid in the eye. You can take special supplements containing magnesium (at least 250 mg per day), or use traditional methods:
- regularly use pumpkin seeds, almonds or their butter,
- include parsley, bean dishes, barley porridge and broths in the ration.
Recipes for glaucoma with products containing chromium are particularly relevant for those who develop glaucoma on the background of diabetes. This trace element facilitates the entry of glucose through the cell membrane, and when it is not enough, the sugar level in the blood rises. Hyperglycemia promotes an increase in intraocular pressure and makes blood vessels fragile.
Chromium also improves metabolism in photosensitive cells of the retina and optic nerve tissue.
Patients with glaucoma are recommended to regularly use liver, potatoes “in uniform”, whole-grain bread, and dark leaf greens.
You can also use brewer's yeast. To do this, 12 tablets are crushed, brewed with boiling water, insist half an hour and only then taken orally.
How else can glaucoma be treated with folk remedies? Self-massage of special points on the face with acupressure methods helps to improve the outflow of intraocular fluid. Kneading active points will not in itself prevent the development of glaucoma, but will help relieve tension and improve blood circulation in the vessels of the head and eyes.
Another non-traditional method for the treatment of glaucoma is aromatherapy. The use of powerful essential oils is one of the best ways to help control ocular hypertension and chronic glaucoma symptoms. Not only can they reduce stress, which is known to be a contributing factor to the development of glaucoma, they can also help balance intraocular pressure and improve blood circulation. The most suitable oils are clove, cypress, incense, lemongrass, immortelle. One of the recipes of the oil composition: any neutral little as a basis, 1 drop of clove, 1 drop of lemon, 1 drop of lemon grass, 2 kali incense, 4 drops of immortelle oil, 5 drops of cypress. The ingredients are mixed in a small container (10 ml), preferably with a roll-on applicator. Apply the mixture on the zygomatic bone under the eye and on the upper eyelid at least twice a day. Direct contact with the eye should be avoided.
Lifestyle and Diet
Normalize the level of intracranial pressure, strengthen the immune system, improve a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition, and improve vision.
With food, the body receives the necessary vitamins, minerals, trace elements that are necessary for normal human life.
When glaucoma in the daily diet should include:
- foods that are a source of carotenoids: yellow, orange vegetables,
- freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices,
- blueberry, cherry,
- Brewer's yeast.
It is recommended to exclude food allergens, caffeine, sugar, preservatives from the everyday menu.
A big role in the course of treatment for the prevention of the disease is lifestyle.
- in the cold season it is necessary to avoid hypothermia, wear a hat, avoid hardening winter procedures,
- do sports: walking, cycling, fitness, walking in the fresh air, swimming,
- it is necessary to avoid physical exertion, which requires a head downward tilt,
- during long work at the computer to do short breaks, fitness exercises,
- give up bad habits: alcohol, tobacco, strong coffee,
- timely treat chronic, infectious, eye diseases.
Homemade drops to improve the condition
Pathology therapy consists in the combined use of herbal compresses, lotions, eye drops.
The most effective home drops:
- To prepare the medicine, boil one egg hard. Cut it, get the yolk. Protein egg halves are filled with honey, placed in an oven for 30 minutes. The resulting juice should be drained into a glass container. The affected medicine is instilled the affected eyes twice a day, 2 drops.
- Honey-onion drops are characterized by healing properties. A small onion should be crushed, squeeze the juice and combine with honey in the same proportions. The mixture should be heated in a water bath periodically, stirring. The resulting liquid instilled eyeballs 2 drops 3 times a day.
- It is possible to eliminate the manifestations of pathology with the help of drops on the basis of a golden whisker. 20 cm plants should be crushed and pour 1 liter of boiling water. Capacity with the medicinal liquid should be wrapped with a warm towel, leave for 24 hours. Eyes are instilled in the finished product. The duration of treatment is 10 days.
The use of various methods of traditional medicine must always be coordinated with the doctor. All solutions that fall on the mucous membrane of the eye must be sterile so as not to cause secondary bacterial infection. It is not recommended to treat glaucoma using unconventional therapy in the presence of an allergic reaction to honey, onions and other components of medicines.
Chinese traditional medicine
Chinese folk medicine is often used to treat eye disease:
- Essential oil of calamus root is very popular. Its action is aimed at relaxing the eye muscles, stabilizing the pressure inside the eyeball. In 1 liter of boiling water add 30g of calamus root, and insist at least 2 hours. Ready infusion take 1 spoon 4 times a day. The course of therapy is 30 days.
- To improve the vision using incense essential oil. Strengthens the nervous system of immortelle oil, cypress oil will help to improve blood circulation.
- Chinese medicine is famous for its reflexology. It consists in acting on special points that are on the human body. Acupuncture is used for eye diseases. Nerve ramifications act as acupuncture points. They are under the skin at different depths. Adhering to a special technique, the specialist leads special needles under the skin. A session lasts from a few minutes to an hour. There is an increase in blood circulation, stabilization of blood pressure.
- Moxibustion also refers to reflexology. Acupuncture points are affected by heat.
If you have characteristic symptoms of the disease should consult a specialist. He will prescribe an effective treatment, will tell how to treat the pathology with folk methods, taking into account the causes of its occurrence and the stage of development.
You will need pharmacy clay (where it is sold purified, bactericidal treatment). How best to make applications:
- dilute the clay with warm water in the ratio of 2 tbsp. l 180-200 ml,
- let the solution stand so that the lumps dissolve completely,
- rub clay water into the closed eyelids in a circular motion,
- make sure that the solution does not fall under the eyelid on the mucous membrane of the eyes,
- rub in about 1 minute,
- at the end of the procedure, leave the clay on the eyelids until dry, then carefully remove and wipe the eyelids with a moist sterile swab,
- compresses from thick clay mixture are more effective, if you have enough clay, knead the solution of sour cream consistency,
- put clay lozenges on closed eyelids,
- removal is the same as with rubbing (let it dry, remove, wipe the skin with a wet swab),
- Regularity of the procedure 1-2 times a day for 3-4 weeks.
Compresses contribute to the normalization of blood circulation, improve vital processes in the tissues of the organs of vision.
Calendula baths and compresses
Calendula has a great anti-inflammatory effect, normalizes metabolic processes in tissues when applied locally.
- 500 ml of boiling water you will need 3 tsp. dried calendula flowers,
- let the broth stand for a couple of hours
- strain the liquid through a fine strainer,
- alternate rinsing with eyes and lotions for closed eyelids (for example, 1 day lotion, 1 day bath or morning bath, evening compress)
- keep the lotion in front of your eyes for 15-40 minutes, no less
- another option is to buy filter bags at the pharmacy, steam with boiling water, cool and apply 1 time a day before going to bed, but for a long time (1-1.5 hours).
The duration of the course on sensations, about 2-4 weeks, until you "get tired". Then you can go on to other recipes. For example, on clay applications or honey-egg drops.
Useful advice from doctors
It should be pointed out that there are a number of effective medicines for the treatment of glaucoma. Some of them are free. Any folk remedies can only be used with a doctor's dispensation, in moderate doses, and only as an additional therapy. Many recipes include strong allergens, so you should also consult an allergist.
Even official medicine recognizes the effectiveness of hirudotherapy in glaucoma.It accelerates the lymph flow ten times, contributes to additional drainage and reduction of intraocular pressure.
Glaucoma therapy will be effective only if the patient fulfills all the necessary conditions:
- Lie and sleep with your head elevated using high pillows.
- Provide proper lighting when reading and working in front of the monitor.
- Systematically perform gymnastics for the eyes.
- Refuse going to the movies. The conditions of the cinema contribute to an increase in eye pressure.
- Do not wear clothes with tight collars, do not tighten the tie. Squeezing the neck will result in a violation of the outflow of blood from the head.
- Do not tilt your head while cleaning.
- Limit physical and visual loads.
- Measure pressure at home using a tonometer.
- To refuse from bad habits. Smoking and alcohol abuse will impair blood circulation in the visual system.
- Limit the amount of fluid. In glaucoma, excess water aggravates the patient's condition.
- Discard salt.
- Increase stress resistance or avoid experiences.
- Add to the diet foods with calcium, vitamins and minerals. Eat more dill, currants, mountain ash, grapes.
- Do sports (tennis, badminton, swimming, walking).
- To do a light massage of the neck area and the eye area. So you can reduce the pressure and improve the circulation of fluid. You need to look down and close your eyes. The tips of the index fingers to make circular movements on the eyes, you can tap your fingers on the eyelids.
In case of glaucoma, it is important to strictly follow all the recommendations of the ophthalmologist, without making any adjustments to the treatment regimen. It is not recommended to refuse therapy and to postpone the examination. Increased intraocular pressure must be constantly reduced to reduce the load on the optic nerve.
Even proper glaucoma therapy does not exempt prophylactic examinations. Patients should visit the doctor every 3-6 months, because glaucoma is characterized by changes in dynamics. With increased discomfort should pass an extraordinary examination.
Glaucoma and its symptoms
The disease has a negative effect on the nerve endings in the visual apparatus. They become trapped, eventually atrophy and die. As a result, the patient first narrows the viewing angle, in the future comes complete loss of vision.
Anomaly most often develops in older people, but can occur in thirty years. The main cause of pathology is an imbalance between intraocular moisture and fluid that flows around the eye. As a result, a large amount of moisture accumulates in the organ of vision, it is not excreted through the drainage system and presses on the eye from the inside, affecting the nerve.
Glaucoma is determined by the following symptoms:
- Blurred gaze,
- Vision problems in poor light,
- Minor pain in the eye,
- If you look at luminous objects, there are highlights, "bunnies",
- Narrowing of the visual fields.
|Pathology is always accompanied by discomfort, the appearance of cracks is possible. Patients with glaucoma often complain of eye fatigue when reading or working on a PC.|
A set of exercises for every day
Gymnastics is rather a non-traditional way of dealing with ophthalmic diseases. For the first time, a similar method was developed by the American scientist William Bates. He had his own opinion about the factors that provoke the appearance of ophthalmological ailments. Often his statements contradicted modern science.
Nevertheless, it is proved that gymnastics helps to significantly alleviate the patient's condition. In addition, it is an excellent prevention of various eye diseases. The following set of techniques is recommended, it is important to perform them in a certain sequence and not to skip any exercise:
- Draw on the window a small circle with a diameter of not more than a centimeter. First, focus on the point, it should be at a distance of fifteen centimeters from the eyes. Then translate the view behind the glass and focus on a small object located on the street. At the end of the exercise again focus on the point. Repeat five times
- After completing the previous reception, relax and squint for a few seconds. Run five times
- Make ten circles with your eyes first clockwise, then against it,
- The last stage of gymnastics will be a massage of closed eyes and eyelids.
Exercises can be combined not only with the intake of medicines, but also with "grandmother's recipes."
Back to table of contents
Herbs and decoctions
Treatment of glaucoma at home using folk remedies will help to cope with the unpleasant symptoms of the disease, slow down the progression of the disease and alleviate the patient's condition.
The second name of the weed is starlet medium. It grows in large numbers in suburban areas. For decoction only recently plucked woodlice is suitable. To prepare the composition, it is necessary to grind. You can use a meat grinder.
You should have a viscous consistency liquid, dilute it with alcohol in the ratio of 10: 1 (per liter of broth a hundred grams of alcohol). Put the infusion for a couple of days in a cold place, then drink fifty grams twice a day.
Take three or four medium leaves of the plant and cover them with water (two hundred milliliters). Bring the solution to a boil and leave on low heat for five minutes.
Strain the infusion. Use aloe with glaucoma to rinse the eyes three times a day for two weeks.
With the help of the product from the apiary you can prepare several medical preparations at once:
- You will need sleep-grass (it can be found in places where many oaks or pines grow), honey, milk. From the plant you need to get the juice, mix it in equal shares with sweetness. Take the composition twice a day, fifty grams for half an hour before meals. Be sure to drink milk after drinking the mixture,
- Cool the strong brew of black tea, add a spoonful of candied honey. Mix well and wait until the sweetness has dissolved. Bury the composition in each eye (five drops) a couple of times during the day,
- Mix honey with water (one-to-one concentration), soak the cotton pads with the mixture and put them on the eyelids before going to bed for thirty minutes. Continue therapy for two weeks, then stop taking for five days, repeat the course.
|Honey is one of the safest products that can relieve the symptoms of glaucoma. Virtually no contraindications, except for the individual intolerance of the beekeeper product.|
Take two kilograms of water flower and make a mush with it using a meat grinder. Add alcohol (200 grams) and allow the formulation to infuse for five days. To remove unpleasant symptoms, take the solution three times a day.
Collect the shoots of burning plants and carefully crumble it. Take ½ cup of nettle and connect it with the same volume of lily of the valley leaves, they need to be crushed.
Fill the plants with water and put in a dark place for a day. Use twice a day as a lotion, dip cotton wool in the mixture and apply for fifteen minutes.
Grate two small potatoes on a fine grater and put a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Mix well "gruel" and leave for thirty minutes. After that, apply the mixture on the eyes for half an hour. Spread the composition only on pure matter, you can press it tightly with your hands so that the tool contacts the eyelids as much as possible.
Back to table of contents
Pour a tablespoon of plant seeds into two hundred and fifty milliliters of boiling water. Leave for sixty minutes for the composition to infuse, then filter. Use for thirty days, twice a day, 1 st.l. Then it is necessary to interrupt therapy for ten days and repeat the course.
Motherwort is used in the "company" with other medicinal plants. To eliminate the increased intraocular pressure, the following recipe is helpful:
- Combine duckweed and seeds,
- Add ginger root and kelp leaves,
- On one spoonful of the collection is enough half a liter of boiling water,
- Allow the solution to infuse, filter.
To use the composition you need for a month thirty minutes before meals (2 tablespoons).
Grind a leaf of a plant ten centimeters long and fill it with half a liter of hot water. Insist on for one day. Take four times a day for half an hour before meals for twenty days. Take a break for a month, then re-take the course.
The medicinal plant can be used as eye drops, fresh juice can be used for a maximum of ten days.
Back to table of contents
Calamus essential oil in Chinese
In ancient China, the disease was treated in the following way:
- Grind fifteen grams of calamus root,
- Pour half a liter of boiling water,
- Cover the container with a lid, wrap it in dense matter and put in a warm place.
- Leave for seven hours,
- Take the composition on an empty stomach and 1 tbsp. three to five times a day
|The duration of therapy is a maximum of five weeks. Means well relaxes smooth muscles.|
Proper nutrition for glaucoma
When an ophthalmologic disease is detected, it is important not only to make a balanced diet, but also to take vitamin and mineral complexes. They strengthen the optic nerve and normalize metabolism.
Doctors recommend glaucoma to adhere to the milk-vegetable diet, which includes foods and foods rich in trace elements. Vitamins restore cells and tissues of the organ of vision. Beta-carotenes slow down the processes of destruction of eye structures. With glaucoma, you need to eat more foods containing B vitamins 1,2,6 and 12. They activate cell growth, restore carbohydrate metabolism and control oxidative processes.
Enter in the diet of dairy products, lean meat, cereals, vegetables and fruits. Minimize the amount of easily digestible carbohydrates (sweets), exclude sour cream and butter. It is forbidden to consume coffee, spices, offal.
Do folk remedies help in the treatment of glaucoma?
If you do not adhere to medical recommendations, the therapy with the help of grandma's recipes will not give the result:
- Exclude all types of work in which you need to be in a standing position for a long time or to sit with your head bowed (hand washing, washing floors),
- It is forbidden to visit the bath and sauna,
- A maximum of three liters of liquid is allowed per day.
- Exclude from the menu fatty and spicy dishes,
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
Adhering to simple rules, you can achieve high results with the help of traditional medicine.
Recommendations for the treatment of glaucoma
Any recipes of traditional medicine can be used only after prior consultation with the doctor. Some components of the compositions contain strong irritants, so it is useful to visit an allergist.
Doctors recommend that you adhere to the following rules to achieve maximum efficiency in the treatment of disease:
- For sleeping, pick up high pillows so that the head is raised,
- Take care of good illumination of the working area
- Daily exercise for the eyes,
- Refuse to visit the cinema,
- Measure your blood pressure daily using a tonometer
- Avoid stress
- Discard the salt.
In case of glaucoma, it is important to adhere to all recommendations of the doctor. Do not adjust the treatment regimen on your own!
Back to table of contents
When using traditional medicine to combat glaucoma, it is important to keep in mind the nuances in order to protect yourself from the appearance of serious and dangerous health effects:
- Combination with medicines. Some medicinal herbs may enhance or weaken the effect of drugs. This nuance is worth considering in the complex treatment of the disease,
- Allergy. Many of the ingredients that make up folk recipes are strong allergens that can worsen the patient’s condition and provoke inflammatory processes,
- Tinctures containing alcohol or vinegar can burn the structures of the organ of vision, cause irritation or enhanced tearing.
|It is forbidden to use traditional medicine in developing blindness. In this case, it is important to choose an adequate drug-based therapy.|
Home therapy in the fight against glaucoma has tremendous healing power. But do not wait for instant results, for optimal effect you need to spend more than one day. With the help of traditional medicine recipes, you can minimize the risk of complications and avoid surgery.
Watching the video, you will learn additional recipes for glaucoma treatment at home.